Why choose Howden for unoccupied property insurance?
As a home insurance broker, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple unoccupied property insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?
Here at Howden, our team also recognises that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their property, and that’s why we provide a tailored, personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your insurance cover.
Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new specialist home policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.
Benefits of working with Howden:
- We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
- Speak to your local broker, within your community.
- We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.
What is unoccupied property insurance?
There are many reasons why your property may be unoccupied, such as:
- The property is undergoing building works or a renovation
- The property is up for sale
- You’re taking an extended holiday
- Your property is a holiday home and only visited during the summer months
- Tenants have vacated the property without prior warning
- You’ve inherited a property from a family member.
Unoccupied or vacant properties are deemed to be more vulnerable to risks, such as burglaries or burst pipes, due to lower security and a lack of maintenance. They’re also not always covered properly, with unoccupied property owners often assuming that their standard home insurance is still valid and can adequately protect the property when its empty.
But that’s where Howden’s unoccupied property insurance can help. Regardless of whether it’s a long term or short term policy you’re after, unoccupied property insurance, courtesy of our insurers, is designed to do more than a standard home policy can, to go that bit further to protect you against the increased risks that come with unoccupied properties.
These policies are flexible, and the arrangements we have with our insurers means we can help you compare a wide range of options before you pick unoccupied property insurance that ticks all of your boxes and gives you peace of mind.